Preparation Time: 5 hours and 15 minutes
Servings Per Recipe: 8
5 lbs pork butt
1 cup SunTropics Passion Orange Guava Nectar
½ cup dark soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons SunTropics Pure Calamansi Puree
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon sesame oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup water
4 cans canned pineapple slices, drained
16 slider buns
- Preheat oven to 350°F and set rack to the middle of the oven.
- In a three-inch roasting pan, lay down the pork fat side up.
- In a medium bowl, whisk SunTropics Passion Orange Guava Nectar, soy sauce, honey, SunTropics Calamansi Puree, tomato paste, coconut oil, sesame oil, and garlic.
- Coat pork evenly with marinade and pour remainder of marinade at the bottom of the pan as a braising liquid with ½ cup of water.
- Braise in the oven for 5 hours or until pork is tender. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- With two forks, shred the pork. Pour reserved braising liquid over the shredded pork. Serve on slider buns with pineapple slices.