It’s a super-snack disguised as a tasty treat! These fun limes are made with gelatin (which is actually really good for you!) & juice (also really good for you!).
2 Cups SunTropics Calamansi Juice
1 1/2 Tablespoons Unflavored Gelatin
Optional: Green cake decorating pearls
1. Cut limes in half lengthwise and “reverse-peel” them: turn limes inside out and use your fingernail to push down the pulp to peel it out. Place lime halves in muffin tins so they are stable.
2. Heat 1 1/2 cups of SunTropics Calamansi Juice to boil in a medium saucepan.
3. Sprinkle gelatin powder over remaining 1/2 cup of SunTropics Calamansi Juice. Stir & allow to sit for 1 minute.
4. Pour boiling hot SunTropics Calamansi Juice over the gelatin mixture and stir until dissolved and combined.
5. Spoon liquid into lime halves.
6. Transfer to fridge to cool 20-30 minutes. At this point, add the cake decorating pearls to the now hardening mixture and push them down so they are suspended in the gelatin. Return to fridge another one to two hours, or until completely transformed to gelatin.