Use our perfected flash-baked method, and you’ll never know these tenders are baked, not fried! Top them with our Calamansi Passion Sauce and your family may wonder if you’re planning to open a restaurant.
INGREDIENTS, CRISPY BAKED CHICKEN
10-12 Raw, Rinsed Chicken Tenders (Or Chicken Breasts, cut into strips)
1/4 Cup SunTropics Calamansi Juice
2 Cups Corn Flakes
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup Flour
2 Eggs, Beaten
Olive Oil Spray
INGREDIENTS, Sweet & Sour Calamansi Passion Sauce
1/2 Cup SunTropics Passion Orange Guava Juice
1/2 Cup SunTropics Calamansi Juice
3 Tablespoons Ketchup
3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
3 Tablespoons Corn Starch
1/4 Cup White Vinegar
Dash of Salt
DIRECTIONS, Chicken Tenders:
1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.
2. First we will create our assembly line for dredging our chicken. Place Corn Flakes in a zip-lock bag and crush with a rolling pin until in small pieces (but not so much it forms a powder!). Transfer corn flake pieces to a bowl. Spread flour evenly on a plate. Place two beaten eggs in a bowl. Pour Calamansi Juice in a separate bowl.
4. Dip each chicken tender first in Calamansi Juice (you can also marinate the chicken in Calamansi Juice for 1-3 hours in a bowl in the fridge if you have the time!), then coat each side in flour. Next, dip into the egg mixture so that the piece is completely covered in egg, and transfer immediately to the corn flake mixture, turning the piece over so that it is completely coated.
5. Place each completely coated chicken tender on a greased cookie sheet or baking pan.
6. When the sheet is full, spray the chicken tenders with olive oil to coat the tops and place in the oven on the middle rack.
7. Bake for 14-16 minutes. While baking, prepare your sauce below.
8. Now, to get our chicken perfectly crispy-browned, we will finish them with a flash 60-90 seconds of the broil setting. *This is very important: WATCH YOUR CHICKEN TENDERS AT ALL TIMES WHILE ON BROIL–Even if this means leaving the oven cracked open a touch (Once they start to brown, they will get darker VERY quickly–& you do not want to burn your little tenders!). With the chicken still in the oven, turn the bake setting off and turn the oven setting to broil. As soon as the tenders are browned to your satisfaction, promptly remove them from the oven.
DIRECTIONS, Sweet & Sour Calamansi Passion Sauce:
1. In a small jar or glass, combine the vinegar and corn starch. Stir until smooth and set aside.
2. In a small to medium saucepan, mix the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a soft simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently.
3. Once the mixture begins to simmer, slowly stir in the corn starch & vinegar mixture (re-stir this mixture first if it has begun to separate). Make sure you constantly stir at this stage so lumps do not develop. Continue to stir until combined and allow to simmer over medium-low heat for an additional two minutes, stirring occasionally.
*Enjoy! Feel free to share with us on our Facebook and Twitter pages photos of your creations &/or thoughts on how they turned out!