These Pocket Pancakes have the topping on the INSIDE so you can just grab them and go on those busy mornings. Make a bunch and freeze them to make mornings even more of a breeze! Who said breakfast on the go can’t be delicious & nutritious?!
We list our favorite pancake recipe below (it’s gluten and dairy-free–and kind of amazing, if we do say so ourselves! ), but you can make these with any of your favorite pancake mixes–just substitute the liquid for SunTropics Passion Orange Guava Juice (or experiment with your other favorite SunTropics juices!), add shredded coconut to the inside of the pocket, and skip to step 2. Here’s how:
Step 1: Make the Mix
BEST EVER GLUTEN & DAIRY-FREE COCONUT PASSION PANCAKE MIX
1 Cup Gluten Free Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
2 T Coconut Oil
3/4 Cup SunTropics Passion Orange Guava Juice
1. Combine dry ingredients and stir until combined.
2. In a separate bowl, blend coconut oil and SunTropics Passion Orange Guava Juice until combined.
3. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until combined.
Step 2: Prepare the Insides
You can experiment with all sorts of different fruits and berries. We used blueberries and chopped pineapple.
Step 3: Cook the Pocket Pancakes
1. Heat griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
2. Spray with oil, or melt a dab of coconut oil in the pan and spread so that it covers the bottom of the pan (to keep cakes from sticking).
3. Pour circles of pancake batter to your desired size onto the pan.
4. Wait a few seconds for the pancake to begin to cook on the bottom, then spoon 1-2 T of your selected insides into the middle of the uncooked batter.
5. Slowly spoon enough pancake batter over the top of the inside fruit to completely cover the fruit. Wait for the bottom to cook before flipping (when the edges begin to bubble and appear to have cooked a bit, and when the pancake does not stick to the pan when you try to flip it, it is ready to flip).
6. Wrap in a napkin &/or waxed paper, and enjoy! Don’t forget to let us know how yours turned out on our Facebook and Twitter Pages–We love to see and hear about your creations!