Our kids give this an after-school snack double thumbs-up! They don’t take long to stockpile the little button treats. Then pop them into individual snack bags in the freezer, and they’re ready to go!
1 Cup Plain Organic Yogurt
1 T Raw, Organic Honey (or to taste)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 Cup SunTropics Passionfruit Orange Guava Juice
1. Mix all ingredients (except shredded coconut if you are using) until blended. If you prefer different colors and flavors, experiment with juice and color combinations (we loved the Calamansi, Mango, and Guava juices in these, as well!).
2. Spoon or pour into a piping bag with a small tip (or snip a tiny edge off of a clean plastic, airtight bag such as a plastic freezer bag or sandwich bag if you don’t have a pastry bag).
3. Place sheets of waxed paper on cookie sheets or another hard surface that can be easily transferred to the freezer. On the sheets of waxed paper, create dots with the pastry bag. We found it easiest to draw a circle, then slowly spiral towards the center, filling in the circle as we went. Quickly lift the tip when circle is filled to prevent overflow and continual spillage. If you wish to top with shredded coconut, now is the time!
4. Freeze until hard (typically a couple hours–these don’t tend to take a long time to freeze as they are so small–another bonus!).
5. Peel hardened buttons from waxed sheets and enjoy right away (before they melt!), or immediately transfer to snack bags, and place back in the freezer so you have snacks ready to go!
Feel free to share with us how yours turned out, or what variations you used (if any!) on our Facebook Page. We love hearing from you!