It doesn’t get much more refreshing than Calamansi Limeade on a warm day! So we took that idea, swirled it with strawberry, and created light, fresh cookies! They not only taste like a burst of summer, they are super easy and fun to make (kids love to help with these!).
1 Box Strawberry Cake Mix
1 Box Lemon Cake Mix
4 Eggs (Two per each Mix)
2/3 Cup Vegetable Oil, Split into two 1/3 Portions
2 Tablespoons Sun Tropics Calamansi Nectar, Split into two 1 Tablespoon Portions
3 Drops Green Food Color
1. In one mixing bowl, combine Strawberry Cake Mix with 2 Eggs, 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil, and 1 Tablespoon Sun Tropics Calamansi Nectar. Mix until blended well. This will have a very thick consistency. Remember, we’re making cookie dough, not cake–it’s supposed to be like that!
2. In another mixing bowl, combine Lemon Cake Mix with 2 Eggs and 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil. Drop 3-4 drops of Green Food Coloring into 1 Tablespoon Calamansi Nectar (it blends easier when mixed with liquid first). Then combine into cake mixture and mix until blended well.
3. Scoop dough by 1/2 Tablespoon to 1 Tablespoon (depending upon how big you would like your cookies). Using the palms of your hands, roll into a ball.
4. Combine one green ball with one pink ball and roll together into one ball. This part is really fun because you get to create different pieces of artwork. Simply roll the balls together to create a look that is half pink, half green. But feel free to play around with moving your hands to create swirl patterns; or take each green and pink ball, break them into 3-4 little pieces and roll into a ball to create different patterns and cookie art.
5. Don’t forget to take pictures of your creations and post them to our Facebook Page! We love to see your creations!