You don’t have to send soup recipes vacationing when the sunshine hits. With a touch of spice mellowed by cool Calamansi Lime Nectar, this refreshing soup is a year-round hit! Follow instructions below for a fast, easy dinner, or add all ingredients to the crock pot, minus the avocados and cilantro, and let it slow cook all day!
2 T Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Diced Onion
1 T Minced Garlic
5 Cups Chicken Broth
2 Cups Sun Tropics Calamansi Lime Nectar
2-3 Whole Chicken Breasts, trimmed of fat
3 tsp. Taco Seasoning
2 15 oz. Cans Diced Tomatoes
1 15 oz Can Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
1/4 Cup Minced Canned Roasted Green Chiles
3 Avocados, Chopped
1/2 Cup Chopped Cilantro
Optional Garnish: Sliced Limes
1. In a large soup pot, saute olive oil and onion over medium heat until the onions are tender. Add garlic, stirring constantly for approximately thirty seconds to one minute until garlic is just tender.
2. Add chicken broth, Calamansi Lime Nectar, chicken breasts, and taco seasoning. Increase heat to medium-high until mixture just begins to simmer, then immediately reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer for one half to one hour.
3. Remove chicken breasts, allow to cool, then shred the meat and return to pot.
4. Add diced tomatoes, black beans, and roasted green chiles. Increase heat to medium just until mixture begins to simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer an additional 10 minutes. *If the family is starving, move to step five; if you have time to spare, the longer you simmer, the more the flavors open. Reduce heat to low, keep covered, and simmer another hour if you can wait.
5. Dish soup into bowls. Top with avocados, cilantro, and if you like, lime slices. Serve with tortilla chips.
6. Don’t forget to photo your beautiful creation and share it with us on Facebook! We love to see your creations!