Sole with Calamansu Butter & Capers
SOLE WITH CALAMANSI BUTTER & CAPERS
You will need:
4 medium filet of sole
4 tbsp Sun Tropics Pure Calamansi
4 tbsp butter
2 tbsp capers
¼ cup of water or white wine
All purpose flour for dredging
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan, melt butter until it bubbles and browns slightly over high heat—do not burn.
- Meanwhile, season sole filets with salt and pepper and dredge with all-purpose flour.
- Fry filets in butter, turn after 3 minutes or longer until golden brown.
- When filets have been browned, set aside and finish sauce.
- Bring down heat to medium. Add water (or wine), capers and calamansi. Scrape frying pan for bits and pieces and until sauce has reduced slightly.
- Pour over sole filets, serve with sautéed vegetables or salad.