GRILLED PRAWNS IN SKEWERS
SunTropics Mango Juice, ginger, garlic, & mint combined with a touch of fish sauce create a delicious marinade! For perfectly tender prawns every time, always grill one and a half to two minutes on each side, until just opaque. If they stay on the grill much after they turn opaque, they begin to get dry and tough. But follow this recipe, & you’ll have perfect prawns, every time!
1½ cups SunTropics Mango Juice
1 tbsp fish sauce (found in Asian section)
1 tsp kosher salt
½ tbsp fresh garlic, chopped
4 pcs thinly sliced ginger
2 sprigs mint, torn
¼ tsp black pepper, ground
16-18 pcs prawns, shelled and deveined
- Combine ingredients for the marinade.
- Marinade prawns for at least 15 mintues to an hour.
- Skewer prawns with metal or bamboo sticks.
- Grill for one and a half to 2 minutes on each side until opaque in color.
- Serve over lettuce and garnish with fresh mangoes and jalapeno (optional).